The Golden City Jaisalmer in Rajasthan State of India || A Photo Journey by Rakesh Ranjan

 
After too many Mountains Trip, I was itching for a desert trip. Thanks to my company colleagues who opted for a desert safari this time, and what could be better than Jaisalmer, I couldn't have asked for more. So on 14th Nov, we all boarded Mandor Express for Jodhpur, after a journey of 10 hours in train we needed a good breakfast, and after little bit of searching we found Ajanta Sweet, Just fit for our appetite.


 
The tour operator had said, its 4-5 hours of bus journey from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer. But as the journey continued it turned out to be off 7 hours nearly.. To our surprise the as soon as we got down from the bus, the camels were ready for a safari. But then it was fun ride till the sunset point, which we just missed. To my surprise the place was crowded like delhi Market place. I took some silhouettes and had my Jumping Jack do some tricks for me. Our camp was called Oasis. The first night we enjoyed cultural program by a local group, the songs which I love the most Chap tilak sab cheeni was played and I was overjoyed. Thanks to Amir Khusroe for writing such beautiful composition.
The Day ended with a night walk in the sand. The next day itinary was packed with full of activities, starting from Jaisalmer fort visit, havelies, to visiting some village and Jeep Safari. The Fort to my surprise is fully occupied with shops and residential houses. Nevertheless the fort is beautiful and grand.

I got a chance to see how the fort walls are being repaired by ASI, thanks to them for taking care of these forts. The Havelis are grand and the artwork is just splendid.  The lunch was at Nachana Haveli, If i recall properly. Then we went to a haunted village called Kuldhara which is now used by film producers. It has a stort how paliwal brahmins left this village in single night, as the king wanted to marry forcibly a girl from the village.


The Jeep Safari was next on plan and it was just right to shake our bellies and for some who were already feeling sleepy. After returning to camp we had a surprise cultural program by Queen Harish, with some Mujra's, Thumka's and ofcourse RUM, it was perfect ending for the day.

The next day, I got up early with a determination of getting some good sunrising pictures. I was standing on a dune watching sunrise with my friends, was saying all I need here is three Camels and I want a silhoute against sun. As if god just heard me, my friend said, three camels are walking towards us. I was hoping they come in frame.


And Oh Boy !!! what a moment it was just perfect I had my dream come true, couldn't have asked for more. What a shot to end this trip, knowing that it will take atleast 24 hrs from here to reach Delhi. I kept thinking about this incidence, one should have desire and god is there to help you. You got to be ready for such opportunities.






Comments

Abhra said…
Beautiful shots. Loved the first shot - one small suggestion, use your watermark a little wisely - now at times it is going against the visual appeal of your image.
Anonymous said…
wow. beautiful photo journey of rajasthan.
Shaz Originals said…
These pictures are beautiful... my personal favorite is the first one.. very inspiring..!!! keep up the great work

Trending Post Today !

How to reach Kasol/Malana and top things to do around this stunning hill-station of Himalayan State of India

Main places to see & Top things to do around Dalhousie : Stunning Hill Station in Himalayan State of India